Postdoctoral Researcher position in the Laboratory of Protein Metabolism in Development and Aging
Laboratory of Protein Metabolism in Development and Aging at the International Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Wojciech Pokrzywa, seeks productive, creative, and motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to join a project that aims to dissect the mechanisms underlying hibernation-related remodeling of the C. elegans proteome. The position is funded in the frame of the GRIEG project no. UMO-2019/34/H/NZ3/00691 entitled: “Cellular adaptation to cold”. It is a Polish-Norwegian research project funded from Norway and EEA Grants 2014–2021 under the Basic Research Programme operated by the National Science Centre.
The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides a stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
As a Postdoctoral Researcher: you will be responsible for determining the role of the ubiquitin-proteasome system and its specialization in cold adaptation. The project will combine C. elegans genetics with EMS mutagenesis, RNA sequencing, mass spectrometry, imaging techniques, and phenotypic analysis. You will be responsible for planning and conducting experiments, data analysis, and project development. You will also assist in coordinating daily activities and supervising students. Preference will be given to an individual who can work independently, write manuscripts and scientific reports, and have expertise most relevant to the project and our laboratory.
- Hold a doctoral degree/Ph. D. in Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Biophysics or equivalent research-related field
- Fulfills the formal criteria of the competition in a particular paragraph 2 point. 2 https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/uchwaly-rady/uchwala68_2019_grieg_ang.pdf
- Strong publication record
- Documented experience with C. elegans or similar model organisms, i.e., C. elegans maintenance, crossing, genotyping, transgenesis, mutagenesis
- Experience in molecular biology techniques and/or biochemical analyses
- Expertise and competence in designing and carrying out scientific experiments and in interpreting their results
- High motivation, analytical skills, and independent thinking. A proactive approach to achieving objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative and adaptive attitude
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Full employment contract for 36 months
- Salary starting at ~7600 PLN/month of total gross remuneration, expected initial net salary at ~6000 PLN/month. Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary (after working for the Institute for six months in a given calendar year) and Christmas bonus may supplement this salary.
- No teaching obligations
- Benefits including a reduced rate for an individual medical care package and membership in the MultiSport programme.
- Full technical, administrative, and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel.
- Participation in courses and scientific training
The deadline for applications is December 1st. The starting date is January 15th, 2020 (or as soon as possible after that date).
How to apply:
Apply now to email@example.com
In the subject include "GRIEG POSTDOC_Pokrzywa" and your first and last name.
Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all...
08 November, 2020