25 Mar Full-time indeterminate Research Technician position at Institut Pasteur
The Cecere Laboratory at Insitut Pasteur in Paris is looking for a Research Technician (Full-time indeterminate position) to join their Team in studying the mechanisms underlying epigenetic inheritance in animals. They use the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans to investigate the role of small non-coding RNAs in transmitting epigenetic information across generations.
As a Research Technician, you would assist investigators in research activities and carry out assigned laboratory duties according to standard and specified procedures. In addition, you will be in charge of lab management responsibilities, including the maintenance of the worm collection, database of reagents, and equipment maintenance.
• Molecular biology techniques, including DNA, RNA, protein extraction and purifications, PCR and molecular cloning.
• C. elegans maintenance, crossing, and genotyping.
• C. elegans transgenesis, including microinjection and screening of transgenic animals.
• Basic microscopy manipulation skills.
• Strong motivation, commitment, and ability to work independently as well as in a Team.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Good oral and written command of English.
• Basic knowledge of French is preferred.
• Degree in Life Sciences (BSc or equivalent, or a higher degree)
• Considerable prior laboratory work experience with C. elegans or similar model organisms.
Ideally the candidate will also have experience in one of the following techniques:
• Creation of transgenic C. elegans strains by CRISPR and/or MosSCI
• Preparation and quantification of libraries for illumina sequencing (ex. RNA-seq)
The candidates will benefit from training in a vibrantly intellectual and collaborative international environment. The expertise of our Team is wide-ranging and complementary, including many genome-wide sequencing methods (small RNA seq, RNA-seq, GRO-seq, CLIP-seq, Ribo-seq), biochemistry and proteomics, and imaging techniques.
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be sent by April 15th, 2019 to:
Please, visit our website www.cecerelab.com to know more about our research projects