09 Sep PhD Positions Gartner Lab Ulsan, Korea
Master Students, PhD students (Gartner lab)
Institute of Basic Science (IBS), Center for Genome Integrity (CGI), Ulsan, South Korea.
UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology) Ulsan, South Korea
My lab recently relocated from Dundee, Scotland https://www.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk/people/anton-gartner to the Institute of Basic Science (IBS) Center for Genome Integrity (CGI) https://cgi.ibs.re.kr/html/cgi_en/ at the UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, https://www.unist.ac.kr) campus in Ulsan. We are setting up a new branch for Genetic Toxicology. I am part of the UNIST biology faculty http://sls.unist.ac.kr/en/_research/biologicalscience.asp?cate=1&department=c120
We have a track record in C. elegans, stress biology, genome stability and chromosome biology.
Our ambition at the CGI is to become a leading Research Centre for Genome Integrity and Chromosome Biology. Building up the new branch for Genomic Toxicology provides excellent opportunities at all levels. We are looking for, PhD and master students interested in all aspects of Genetic Integrity, Chromosome Biology and Genome Research and Bioinformatics. We will continue working on C. elegans, but will also focus on mammalian cells. At UNIST, all undergraduate teaching is done in English, and the IBS centre (https://cgi.ibs.re.kr/html/cgi_en/) has access to most generous core support. Master students receive a stipend and there are no tuition fees. IBS center https://cgi.ibs.re.kr/html/cgi_en/ has access to most generous facilities and core support. You will be supported and advised by a team comprised of two team leaders and 4 postdocs.
– Enthusiasm for multidisciplinary science.
– Excellent communication skills and knowledge of the English language.
– Candidates should ideally have had some previous lab experience in areas such as cell culture techniques, fluorescence microscopy, protein-based laboratory techniques and CRISPR.
– Ideally previous experience in C. elegans genetics and/or mammalian genome stability and repair, but all candidates will be considered.
– Ideally experience in data analysis, bioinformatics and/or genome analysis, but all candidates will be considered.
The Gartner lab has an excellent academic track record, and many former Gartner lab members hold faculty positions.
There are no fees and Master and PhD students receive a stipend to cover living costs. You can apply for 2 years Master, combined 6 years Master/PhD, and for 4 years PhD programs.
If you are interested, please contact me as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next application periods is October 6th-16th
Please spread the word, Anton